Tuesday 27 July 2010

What to do when I have free time? (beside meeting)

Starting from becoming a president, adding another hour of part time job, joining the working group for peace, and the women movement network, there have been million of meeting each week. These last three months, I found myself in three situations: (1) - sitting in meeting, (2) - sitting in front of computer, and (3) addicting to TV show. My third activities (watching TV show) is something I hate myself for addicted to it without even know what is it for. Sometime I just know that I don’t want to do anything, but killing time with these TV show like American Next Top Model or How I met your mother. You know because I didn’t have time at all to watch it, I let myself watching it till 1 or 2am. Anyway, my point is that I found myself lately with computer rather than human being. This evening I had two and half hour free time and I have no idea what to do or who to meet.

I somehow missed my life before a little bit. I remember that I was freer and my brain was quite fresh. Also, I enjoyed reading book a lot. Now, having a dinner with friends, I have to rush from here and there and then I can’t enjoy since I am already tired. I don’t really know what is missing, but I know it might be because I spend less time reflecting and doing quiet time or meditation.

Have you ever had this kind of feeling and situation?

3 comments:

  1. Of course! Workaholic is a problem that happens to a lot of people more than you think. Admitting that there is an issue is a good start.

    But the fact that you have free time and don't know what to do troubles me. Aren't you in a relationship with Panharath? I'm quite sure that both of you can find something enjoyable to do, whether it's going to see a movie or playing a board game or simply spending time together doing trivial things such as drinking a coffee while watching people passing by or reading book together or cuddling together...etc.

    I can name a million things that you and your family or your bf can do in your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe...sorry for not making it clear. When i say free time, this is when Panharath is not with me. I am with him almost every single day. I'm looking for what to do when he is not around. Sometime he has to be for his family too, he can't be with me all the time, you know. When I am with him, there is no problem. The problem is when I am totally alone. See ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok... it's a bit clearer now.

    But do you really have to do something when you have free time? You seem to be a busy person. I would think that with all those meetings you would be tired and you would enjoy spending every moment of your free time doing nothing but simply relaxing. Did I get you right?

    ReplyDelete