Monday 2 July 2012

Where have the morality of people gone?


I am in a very bad mood and about to exploit now. Here are why:

1-      I had opened a shop along the gate of Sorthormok High School from the last 17 days. Every single day I saw many rich-bad-unfriendly-self-centered-thinking about them only. Every few hours, there would be expensive; but cheap attitude, car driven by either young or old people, park in front of my shop and because their car was big expensive enough, they block my whole shop and the nearby too. I don’t really mind because I do understand that the land of our Kingdom of Wonder is getting smaller. No more places for parking. But what anger me was that those stupid rich people have never bother to come to us (the sellers whose shops are blocked by their cars) for permission or even giving a simple smile towards us. They would just park there and gone for their coffee and breakfast for a long while. Blocking our shops isn’t too big of a deal, what bigger was, they caused huge traffic jam. And this happen every day not once in a while.
2-      Every night I came back from work at around 10:30pm. First sentence when we arrived home from my brother who usually drove me from work has been “Pu, have you got enough water?” this question is asked to the security guard who guards the neighboring house. This rich house never even asked the guard if he has water to drink. So we filled his empty drinking bottle of water every night. This rich house had minimum of three expensive-but cheap attitudes, cars. Both the day and night time guards had to clean those cars twice a day or else, they are fired.
3-      Today we install new internet connection in our office but wasn’t successful because this  same neighboring house said that I need to wait for their big boss (the father) for permission or else they will cut the wired which would pass along their roof together with other electricity line. I don’t understand what is a big deal of adding a small line to all the existing electricity line? This is a STATE line...My God !

Where have the morality of people gone? Can money, cars, nice houses, determine that those idiots have more rights than us?

                                                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. Dear Nana,

    I have read your article and understand your feeling wholeheartedly.

    First about the parking, I believe any car owner can park anywhere along the road as long as there's no Noparking sign and it's not against the law. If they are kind enough, they can change to park in other place and leave you do your business. Or you can frankly suggest to them for the sack of your business.

    Second, regarding to the security guard. I do appreciate your kindness. There are not many people offering help like you do. I think the house owner may not even know that their guard do not have drinking water. My suggestion to you is to let the guard communicate to his boss. I am sure the boss won't be cruel enough not to let him have some drink.

    Third, regarding to Internet connection. You should be angry that you're not allowed to connect. Be patient for the time being, and let's see if the boss disagree then the real anger should happen. or if it goes across their roof, no matter together with other line, a polite permission seeking shall be asked to the house owner.

    These are only some neutral comments from me. Hope this can cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mana

    First on the parking. People are govern by rule/law/sign. You made your point that they can actually park anywhere they want without the No Parking sign. On the other hand, morality or ethic doesn't required sign. People should be aware of how their action could cause harm to other people. How can you sit still drinking coffee and enjoying your breakfast while you see that other travelers got stuck in line because of your car? This is what I refer to morality. It doesn't go against law but it goes against ethical thinking.

    Second on the guard, nobody would dare to talk to this family, not even to their children. They are like angry animals. I have never seen them smile, talk, or even hang around in front of their house. Usually, whenever somebody come with their nice cars, they go into the house then close their door. There was one time, the one of the guard helped me cleaning my car, he got fired the next day. Plus, the security guard roles are to protect the house, not to clean the cars. Right? They simply never smile to the guard.

    Third, it is not that easy to meet this big boss. He never really home but I will try. Thanks for your sharing.

    ReplyDelete